Monday, October 25, 2010

Durga Puja 2010 Kolkata

In Bhowanipur we met up with our friend and after a refreshing cup of tea, off we went visiting a few more banedi baris

Our first stop was Girish Mukherjee bari. It was aroung 7.30pm when we reached Girish bari. My friend who is a resident of Bhowanipur knows the family. Thanks to him, I got to see another Durga idol in a beautiful old house. When we reached there, there was a family gathering in the coutyard and a game was in progress, the whole family had got together and they were playing group games, mainly quizzing etc. The whole ambience exuded warmth and a happy feeling.





Girish Mukherjee bari

Mallik Bari
Next stop and the last banedi bari that I visited this durga puja was Mallik bari. Last Durga pujas I barely could find my way in, it was so crowned. Mainly because Tollywood actor Koel Mallik is a daughter of this family and she was visiting. This time when we reached, she was not there, so there wasn't much crowd. I could take a lots of photographs of the house and Goddess Durga. We had a chat with some members of the family. I was very impressed with their hospitality. I still remember the taste of the home made nariyal laddu that they offered us. Delicious!




Mallik Bari Durga Puja
The thing about Durga pujas is the happiness and cheer that it brings with it. It is infectious!
And I love it!

I am sharing some more images of Durga puja pandals that i visited in Bhowanipur -






Bhowanipur Sanatan Dharmatsahini Sabha


Harish Park Sarbojanin Durgotsab

No comments: