Sunday, June 20, 2021

The one thing this pandemic taught me


2020 brought with it the Pandemic, and left after changing the world, and took with it so many lives.

2021 continues in the same path, in fact it is worse than 2020 pandemic-wise. Almost everyone I know lost someone of their own this year. It is like a nightmare, although I wish it was indeed a nightmare, that way at least once you wake up it’s gone. This nightmare seems to show no signs of relenting, it is there with you every waking, sleeping moment:(:(

With insecurity and uncertainty reaching its highest high, what does one do to feel safe and secure?

The one thing that I learnt from this pandemic is to never ever postpone any plans…if you have the time and the means,  and if you feel good about something, just do it. Don’t let your logical brain think you out of it. You never know if the situation and the circumstances will ever be the same again. 

What I have realised is, Now is all we have, and that’s it. It is good to plan and anticipate a wonderful tomorrow, but we should do what we can Today.

The pandemic has put brakes on my travel dreams. While I continue to remain hopeful about better times ahead when I can start travelling again, I have realised that I don’t have to wait for better circumstances for my other plans to materialise. 

There are so many other things that I have been postponing and neglecting in the past that could have been, and can still be done effortlessly. One such example is keeping in touch with my friends. I have been terrible at it. Even with it being so easy to call or message anyone, I just did not do it that often. It was my mindset of postponing things that was creating a block. 

Face time chats are now so easy, you can reach out to anyone and video chat with them. All I had to do is find some time to make it happen. That’s it!  

The pandemic made me more aware of how things can change within no time.

For me there is no more postponing the things that I can do Now.

Here is my learning from this pandemic:"I live in the Now and make the most of this Now while anticipating a better tomorrow"

What about you? What did you learn from the pandemic? Please write in the comments below. 

I wish all of you a safe and healthy life. And remember don’t postpone anything that you can do today for tomorrow.




 

 

No comments: