Saturday, July 25, 2015

Paris; through my eyes

Even though this was my first trip to Paris, I found it quite easy to find my way around. All I needed was a good detailed map as well as Google maps on my smart phone, Although when I was outdoors the Google maps wasn't much use to me since I could not access any wifi connection:( The hard copy of the map came in handy when I was out and wanted to know my bearings.

The first day I teamed up with a walking tour group and managed to see some of the popular landmarks. Since I was staying near the Latin quarters I could easily cover quite a bit by walking. The best part about Paris was the long days; even at 9 PM, in the month of May, there was broad daylight. I made the most of all the daylight hours and  found it extremely safe to travel on my own.

I am sharing some of the popular landmarks such as Fountain near St Michel, Notre Dame, Académie Française, Grand & Petit Palais, View of the Pont Alexandre III, Pont Neuf lock gate, The Louvre, Joan of Arc statue, Tuileries Gardens, Grand & Petit Palais, Musée d’Orsay, View of the Eiffel Tower, Place de la Concorde, and much more...that I saw on my first day.

Fountain near St Michel
Paris-view from Seine


View of Notre Dame de Paris




Pont Neuf lock gate
Académie Française Paris




The Louvre
The Louvre


Joan of Arc statue at Place des Pyramides
Grand & Petit Palais Paris


view of Musée d’Orsay


Near Tuileries Gardens


Tuileries Gardens


View of the Eiffel Tower
Place de la Concorde



3 comments:

Somali K Chakrabarti said...

Nice pics. With the long days and a good weather, one can walk for hours together.

Sri Kri said...

Had a virtual tour of Paris from your post.Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sriram & Krithiga

Ranjana Jha said...

@ Somali, Thanks! Yes absolutely one can walk for hours....I did not get tired at all...

@ Sri Kri, thanks so much!