Sunday, December 22, 2019

Food..glorious food - Sri Lankan Style:)

It has been almost a year since I visited  Sri Lanka, and I am yet to complete my Sri Lankan travel postsL… I thought I would, before resuming the posts, pause and instead share pictures of the delicious and glorious food we had at Sri Lanka. We were lucky to have our Sri Lankan friend who was our host with us, and he ensured we tasted homemade Sri Lankan delicacies. What a time we had!

Here are some pictures of the lavish spread we enjoyed at every meal...the first picture is on Christmas day last year, and the food was a mix of Sri Lankan and continental cuisine .

Down below are pictures of our regular meals...yeah...that's correct, we consumed THAT much :)

Sri Lankan cuisine is quite similar to South Indian cuisine but there are subtle differences, and each region has its own unique way of cooking, and that’s what makes it so unique!
I don't remember the names of all the items but some of them are:

Kottu
Sour fish curry
Dhal curry
appam, idiyappam
Eggplant
Gotu Kola Sambol
Pol Sambol

We also have some very tasty desserts. I don' t have the pictures of the sweets here, but there was  a certain sweet made out of coconut and jaggery... and I loved it!


Happy holidays everyone!

3 comments:

resh said...

Great pictures of Sri Lankan culinary items. Their kitchen is quite evolved.

resh said...

What a rich variety of food in Sri Lanka!

Ranjana Jha said...

Thank you so much Resh:)...Yes, they have yummy and elaborate items in their menu.. similar to South Indian, yet there is a distinction.