Saturday, October 26, 2019

Happy Diwali; May the blessing of light be on you


I wish you a bright, prosperous, peaceful, and awesomely happy  Diwali. May the light always shine upon you.


I am taking a break from my travelogues to post a little something on Diwali:) 
In my subsequent posts, I will post some of the Durga puja pandals that I loved. Even though it is delayed.... I would still love to share those...some of them are so unique and out of the world, it makes it all worthwhile:)

On the occasion of Diwali, here is a paragraph from a Scottish prayer that I love. 

May the blessing of light be on you
-Scottish  Prayer

May the blessing of Light be on you
Light without and light within,
May the blessed sunlight shine on you
And warm your heart till it glows like
A great peat fire, so that the stranger
May come and warm himself at it,
And also a friend.
And may the light shine out of the two eyes of you,
Like a candle set in two windows of a house,
Bidding the wanderer to come in out of the storm.




No comments: