Sunday, November 22, 2020

The Amazing Angkor Wat temple complex; Cambodia, Part I

Angkor Wat temple complex

Continued from my previous post on Angkor Wat, I am sharing these mesmerizing pictures of the Angkor wat temple complex. I have tried compile together some of the representative shots of the temple complex, but it does not do justice to this historic and out of the world, and amazing temple complex.



;

The pictures below are a mere representation of the exquisite detailed work inside the temple complex walls. I was awestruck with the detailed carvings on the walls....even today it is in such a good condition...wonder how it would have looked during its prime!

The murals below are found on the walls inside the temple complex, and they mostly depict scenes from the two great Hindu epics, The Ramayana and The Mahabharata. I will post the last set of pictures from this complex in my next post. Stay tuned:)












No comments: