Sunday, October 17, 2021

Durga puja 2021, beautiful, artistic and so much more from South Kolkata, India






















                               Durga puja 2021

Durga pujas have always been special to me. 2021 Durga pujas were even more so because I went out to see some pandals after a long time! I did not see any in 2020.

Not that I could see too many this time, I saw very few since I had to restrict myself given that the pandemic is still at large.The few pandals that I did mange to see were beautiful, creative, and had  a theme and message. It was a short tour of three hours. We started very early in the morning and ended our tour by indulging in piping hot and super delicious luchi and dal (Bengali style) from a sweet shop for breakfast. Pujas are incomplete without food...all Bengalis will agree with that for sure:)

Below are pics of  Durga puja pandals I saw in South Kolkata. As usual I was floored by these beautiful and creative idols and pandals. 

I hope next year things will be back to normal and I can go pandal hopping without any worries. I so miss that.

Happy Vijaya Dashami/ Dussehra to all of you:)











                                  The pandal is made like an old house, looks so genuine...does it not?



                                                          Food glorious food:)

No comments: