Tibet, Everest and a Journey I Had Imagined for Years

For years, Tibet had existed somewhere between a place I wanted to visit and a place I wasn't quite sure I would ever reach.

Then one day, I was there.

Travelling through Tibet was as much a part of the experience as reaching Everest Base Camp itself. The vastness of the landscape, the monasteries, the people we met and the long journey towards that unmistakable white peak all became part of one extraordinary memory.

And, as travel so often reminds me, some of the moments I remember most weren't on the itinerary at all. They came through people, unexpected kindness and experiences we could never have planned.

I wrote about that journey for t2.

Originally published in t2:
Altitude, Kindness & White Tops: This Everest Base Camp Trip via Tibet Changed Everything

Read the full article →

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The legend of Bon Bibi, Sunderbans, West Bengal, India

Ancient Ellora Cave temples; Ravan Ki Khai (cave 14) and Dasavatara (cave 15) cave temples

Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay's house in Howrah district, West Bengal